Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Fashion Destiny Wednesday: Destiny Lost...

Dear Blog,

Oh how I've missed thee! 

Summer began with a BANG!  It hasn't slowed down until this week...


Pudding Anyone?
FABULOUS summertime visitors!


Star Wars weekend at Disneyworld!


  
T-R-O-U-B-L-E!!!  I'll take a dozen!




Hello, Gorgeous!  I'm happy to see you!


In honor of F.D.W., I happened upon this photo:

We were soooooo young!  We'd been married a year and were in Germany celebrating the wedding of two of our very BEST friends in the whole wide world. 

Happy times.  Little did I know, that dress wouldn't fit much longer, which is why we sometimes refer to our oldest as our 'Little German Princess".

That dress.  

I loved it.  A LOT.

It was RED..bright, beautiful, with a little (okay a lot) of shimmer.  But not enough to be ridiculous.  It hugged my curves without making them look 2.36 miles long.

I bought it at Ross for, like, ten bucks.

Before I eventually tossed it, it was threadbare.  The last time I wore it was to church.  It was summer and I hadn't worn a slip because I didn't think I needed one.  Walking by a full length mirror I realized I did.

It was a sad day.  

I never saw it again after that afternoon.  

Destiny Lost.

Here's to you, Little Red.

Sigh.




1 comment:

Pieces of me... said...

Yes that dress! I have always wanted to find a red one... someday... I'll find a good one :) LOL, and I love the pudding pic!