Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Fashion Destiny Wednesday: Karmic Joy

CAUTION:  This is a shameless plug for my favorite store in town...

After living here in Neverland for a year or so, I made a most excellent discovery in the form of the local Mint Magazine.  Perusing it's pages, I began collecting all sorts of curious coupons for strange new places in this previously unexplored land.

Among my favorite discoveries were Fro-Yo with funny little Boba balls that explode like little bits of sunshine when you bite into them.  And of course, there's the coupon for the cosmetic waxing salon that has taught me a very valuable lesson:  It's okay to just say 'NO' to the Sasquatch look.

Of course there are other services I have not tried, such as hawking my wedding ring for cash.  And of course, I've opted out of 50% off getting the fat siphoned out of my tummy through  a straw shoved up my belly button.  That may be partially due to me also NOT partaking in the bazillion buffet coupons made available by a snip of my kitchen scissors. 

BUT of all the coupons Mint has so graciously given me, the monthly add for a little place called Kloset Karma has brought me the most happiness.  



What is Kloset Karma, you may ask? 

It is Neverland's BEST consignment store for gently used, trendy women's clothing and jewelry. 

 Walking into the store, you are greeted with Eye Candy:

(Those are designer purses you're seeing)













And looking up only adds to the fun of the experience:


On a more personal level, Kloset Karma has rescued me from the awful fate of being a fashion victim.  Trust me.  This is what I looked like BEFORE Kloset Karma:

Notice the use of t.p. as an accessory.  Apparently, that is a BIG no-no.  

Now with the help of K.K., I look like this:

Cute rain jacket, huh?!  Got it from Kloset Karma! Those earring must have cost a fortune!  Nope, at K.K, the cost of accessorizing will never leave you frowning.
 And when I needed something fun and easy for my trip to Berlin, K.K. hooked my up with this sweater. 
 
You should've seen the alternative! Very drab, very boring.


So maybe I don't have best pictures to showcase the goodies I've found at the shop (note to self:  take more pictures of goodies I found at the shop.)  BUT what I do have is a closet full of clothes I love...which I paid for at a fraction of the cost I would've paid.  

As an added bonus, Annette and Jenny will take GREAT care of you.  Meaning that if you try on something that makes your butt look like it's the size of Texas, they'll let you know...unless, of course you don't want to know...in that case, I send my condolences with a reminder of just how big Texas is. 

And so, I sign-off on this Fashion Destiny Wednesday clad in a tee I found on my favorite clearance rack (yeah, they have that too) ready to share the Karmic love with anyone cold, naked or unseemly dressed.  

Peace out.

1 comment:

Annette Ellis said...

GIGGLE! GIGGLE! I loved it!!! Thank you so much for all the wonderful words. You have an amazing talent for colloquialism! Hope to see you soon!