Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Fashion Destiny...(No more Wednesday's Neurosis)

Apparently, I'm either more neurotic than I care to admit OR I'm not as neurotic as I thought.  (I'll let the reader determine that)  After taking way too many pictures of my throw pillows this afternoon (proof positive of said craziness) , I've decided to move in a different direction for posts on Wednesdays.  So Goodbye, Neurotic Crazy Behavior Day and Hello, Fashion Destiny Wednesday!

Welcome, FDW.  It's so nice to see you!

My hopes and dreams of someday going out in public with enough sparkles to be seen from outer space may be coming to fruition.  A dash into a department store after forgetting a very necessary article of clothing (a story for another time), had me stumbling upon an amazing sight.

Feast your hungry eyes upon these beauties:


Are they not the greatest excuse for glitter EVER?

Now the trick is getting my chiropractic husband to agree that these as pertinent and necessary as oxygen.

I have my ways.

In the meantime, I explained this cloud-clearing, tree blossoming moment of destiny to my 4 nieces, with whom I was visiting.  They listened, captivated by the tale of serendipitous union.  Then each in turn tried them on.

Yesterday, I received this email message from my sister-in-law:

"So we, as in Cort and I, are walking in a mall and we walked into a store that had shiny shimmery floor tiles, they were black with silver sparkles, very shiny and bright. Cort is looking at them and then looks at me with a whisper and says "mom is this our fashion destiny?"  So thank you for making shopping exciting for the girls. They loved the story that you told! Good to see you!  --Aim"
I am one proud aunt.  I have done my part to ensure 4 less people never underestimate the power of a glue stick and second-grade art supplies.
You're welcome.  
Happy FDW!
(Stay tuned!  Book Quote Thursday is back tomorrow, and it's GOOD!)



No comments: