Thursday, March 3, 2011

Enlisting YOUR help...Febrary's Belated Blog Drawing

In February, I missed my New Year's Resolution to have a blog drawing every month this year. So to get back on track, I'm having a belated February drawing NOW and another one at the end of March.

Here's the story:

Darius Rucker ROCKS! I loved him when he was a Blowfish. His voice is like warm apple cider with a caramel twist while immersed in a great book and snuggled up in most comfortable and softest blanket ever imaginable.

He's even cooler since heading over to country music.

I've never had anything against country music but it hasn't been what I first turn my radio on to. Recently, I'm finding myself tuning in more often and LOVING what I hear. I've discovered that Brad Paisley is a brilliant songwriter and Sugarland, well, I just think they ought to be my other next door neighbors (not replacing any of my current ones because I love them).

He-Man, on the other hand, is a bit of a hold-out. He's not entirely convinced of it's awesomeness.

So I've been thinking. I need to create a compilation of the best country music EVER to integrate my family. Living practically on the border of the deep south, it would be a miscarriage of justice not to gain an appreciation for what we have here.

Epiphany! What a great reason for a blog drawing!! I would love to know what your all-time favorite country music songs are. We're country music babies, so consider the days of yesteryear when pondering on the besties.

Here are the details.

1. Leave a comment between now and March 11th, either on here or on my Facebook page with one or two (or three) of your all-time favorite country music songs. This will count as your entry.

2. Pass this message along. If a friend inputs music on this blog post and mentions your name, not only will they be entered, YOU will be entered again as well.

And the prize?

It's not much, but a little something fun. If your name is drawn, you'll be receiving a $10 Itunes gift card within a few days.

On Friday, March 11th, I'll post the winner and the music list.

I'm eager to read what you have to say! Happy Picking!






13 comments:

The McBride Family said...

Okay so I'm the opposite of you guys. I used to like country more than I do now. I mean I still like it but I don't listen to it nearly as often the last few years... A few of my faves that are definitely older... Toby Keith-Angry American, Tim McGraw-My Best Friend (my wedding song so clearly I'm biased.) One of my faves is Phil Vasser b/c I swear he writes about my life (just another day in paradise, huckelberry and more!)

Kelley said...

"Grundy County Auction" by John Micheal Montgomery is one of our family favorites.

Kelley said...

"This Kiss" by Faith Hill

Kelley said...

"Where the Green Grass Grows" by Tim McGraw

Kelley said...

"Independence Day" by Martina McBride

Emnacnud said...

this is hard, he man may not like my faves and i have waay more then 3 but 3 i love are dont take the girl,Maker said take her, and I'm already there, I must be in a romantic mood, there are many more i love but here you go.

Rosa said...

I don't know if I can pick a favorite song, but I ADORE the voice of the guy who sings for Rascal Flatts. Even if it's a new song that I've never heard before, I can always tell it's them because his voice is so distinct and amazing.

Let's see, I guess I'll go with "God Bless the Broken Road." That always makes me think of my husband.

I also adore "The House that Built Me." That was getting really big about the time we moved last year. I think I heard it for the first time a week before we pulled out. We lived in that house for nine years and Cleon was raised there his whole life. It made me cry for six months every time I heard it. :p

Dedra said...

George Strait is awesome. All of his stuff but a few of my favorites by him are:

The Chair
So Much Like My Dad
She Let Herself Go


Trace Atkins - Arlington

Toby Keith - Go With Her

Tracy Bird - Keeper of the Stars

Rascal Flatts - Ellsworth

The Judds:
Rockin with the Rhythym of the Rain
Grandpa
Young Love
(most of their stuff)

Clay Walker:
You're beginning to get to me
Hypnotize the moon
Ordinary people

Blake Shelton: (my favorite)
The Dreamer
Someday
Goodbye Time

okay...I'm done.

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, where to start?! My dad tried to get me to like country music all my life, but I refused...until I met Eric. He loves it, so to impress him I immediately started listening to it. ;) The first country song I ever really liked was George Strait's "Check Yes or No." I also love almost everything Garth Brooks has ever done, especially "The Dance" and "Calling Baton Rouge." And "It's Midnight Cinderella" - your kids will like that one. If you're trying to entice your fam, you probably want lots of fun, upbeat songs. Try Brooks and Dunn's "Boot Scootin Boogie" (look online and teach them all the linedance) and "My Maria." One of my favorite albums ever is Little Big Town's "Road to Here." Can't live without that one! A few more to try:

Alabama "Fiddle in the Band"
Alan Jackson "Little Bitty", "Tall Tall Trees"
Brad Paisley "She Said Yes", "We Danced"
Bryan White "Rebecca Lynn", "Love is the Right Place"
Carrie Underwood "Jesus Take the Wheel"
Chris Cagle "What a Beautiful Day"
Chris LeDoux "This Cowboy's Hat"
Clay Walker "You're Beginning to Get to Me", "If I Could Make a Living"
Collin Raye "Love, Me", "One Boy, One Girl"
Craig Morgan "Little Bit of Life"
Deana Carter "We Danced Anyway"
Diamond Rio "Norma Jean Riley", "How your Love Makes Me Feel", "Unbelievable"
Dixie Chicks "There's Your Trouble", "Wide Open Spaces"
Doug Stone "Little Houses", "Why Didn't I Think of That"
George Strait "Blue Clear Sky", "I Just Wanna Dance With You"
Jessica Andrews "That's Who I Am"
JoDee Messina "Bye Bye", "Burn"
Joe Diffie "Bigger Than the Beatles"
Josh Gracin "Me and God", "Long Black Train"
Keith Urban "Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me", "It's A Love Thing"
Kenny Chesney "Me and You"
LeeAnn Rimes "Blue", "One Way Ticket"
Lonestar "My Front Porch Looking In"
Martina McBride "My Baby Loves Me", "Wild Angels"
Montgomery Gentry "Something To Be Proud Of"
Neal McCoy "Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye", "No Doubt About It", "That Woman of Mine"
Phil Vassar "Just Another Day in Paradise"
Randy Travis "Deeper Than the Holler", "Forever and Ever, Amen"
Rascal Flatts "God Blessed the Broken Road", "Fast Cars and Freedom", "Mayberry", "Stand"
Sammy Kershaw "What Am I Worth"
Sarah Evans "Perfect", "Real Fine Place to Start"
Shania Twain "Man I Feel Like a Woman", "No One Needs To Know"
SheDaisy "Lucky For You"
Shenandoah "Next to You Sitting Next to Me"
Steve Holy "Good Morning Beautiful"
Steve Wariner "I'm Already Taken"
Terri Clark "Now That I Found You", "I'm Alright"
Tim McGraw "Don't Take the Girl", "She's My Kind of Rain", "When the Stars Go Blue"
Toby Keith "How Do You Like Me Now"
Trace Adkins "Every Light in the House"
Tracy Byrd "Keeper of the Stars"
Tracy Lawrence "If the World Had a Front Porch"
Ty Herndon "It Must Be Love"

I'm sure if Eric saw this list he would totally disagree! But I like these ones, and there's a good chance your family will too. Maybe? Most of it is from the 90's or early 2000's, becuase I haven't listened to country radio in several years. But I'm sure there's some more recent good ones that I'm missing.

Erin said...

Would you do me a favor and give me your new address please? I want to send a couple things your way. You can just email it to me if you want: wanderangel01@yahoo.com

Beeks by the Lake said...

Live like you were dying - Tim McGraw

Forever and Ever, Amen - Randy Travis (there is a line in here that caught my attention while I was going through chemo)

Anyway & In my daughter's eyes - Martina McBride

Today - Rascal Flatts

Jesus, Take the Wheel - Carrie Underwood

Tough - Craig Morgan (you need to play this one for your mom too)

Bring on the Rain - Jo Dee Messina

The Keeper of the Stars - Tracy Byrd

If you're going through hell - Rodney Atkins

Would You Go with me - Josh Turner

White Horse- Taylor Swift

Dedra said...

ps, sorry I didn't read the rules very well. 3*5+1.

Chellers said...

I don't listen to much country, but I love "Amazed" by Lonestar.