Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26: Book Quote Thursday

Greetings from my home to yours!  I'm feeling particularly book-quoty coming home from a fabulous book club meeting host by my friend, Cori. 

 Tonight we discussed 'Ender's Game' by Orson Scott Card.  This is the first of his books I've even attempted even though He-Man has been trying to get me to read his works for years....not to mention the fact he must be great considering he is distantly related to some of my very favoritest people on the planet! (You know who you are)

I have this one hanging in my bedroom and I love it!
Once again, just to review the rules, all you need to do is correctly identify the book the particular quote comes from.  No need to be first...it's just fun.  A name will be randomly chosen from the list of correct guesses made during that particular month.  

Since I missed March but left February half done, I will be doing two drawings...one for Feb., one for April.  The winners of these two drawings receive a great little prize I LOVE for summer...A Moroccan Lantern!  You get to pick the color (red, clear, blue, green, yellow, purple) and the style (hanging, hanging star or free-standing).


And yes, you were all correct with your guesses.  Last week's book was:
"The Princess Bride" by William Goldman

This week's book quote comes from a book Bunny pulled off the shelf earlier this week.  I was apprehensive but thrilled.  It's a meaty chapter book with a deep and beautiful message...I think she will love it as much as Sunshine did...if not more because she is that wind-in-your-hair, girl-of-a-thousand-summer-days kind of kid.

Name this book:

"It's so beautiful!" she said, a little breathless with her speed.  "You never saw anything so beautiful!  It has come!  I thought it had come that other morning,but it was only coming.  It is here now, the Spring! {------} says so!"

"Has it?" cried {-----}, and though he really knew nothing about it he felt his heart beat.  He actually sat up in bed....

Happy Reading!

5 comments:

Abby said...

Okay, my best guess is "The Secret Garden"? Not sure though...definitely curious to find out for sure. :D

Dedra C said...

the secret garden.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heather said...

The Secret Garden.

Erin said...

I have absolutely no idea, but it sure is a fun contest!